This was a very popular combo in West Texas between 1957 and 1972. Forming in Levelland in 1957, line-up 'A' did some recording at Norman Petty's studios in 1958 but nothing made it onto vinyl. They broke up for a while but later reformed with line-up 'B' and an unknown bassist. They underwent several further personnel changes. When Charlie Hatchet relocated to Lubbock to start a new outfit The Raiders, he took Gary Blakey with him and a new line-up (C) resulted.